Refaktor Support Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lightbox Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 am 

Hello, - 2 requests - I am new to the theme loving it so far and trying to learn it (there's a lot to it!).

1. Centering of images. Can images be centered in gallery displays?

Detail of request

1. Click on portfolio
2. Click on Album name

Photos which are different sizes (widths) are left aligned.

2. Can I add a field to include some text in the lightbox style photo displays?

Detail of request

1. Click on portfolio
2. Click on Album name
3. Click on image

Lightbox type display is shown. Would like to add text at the bottom of this to describe each photo briefly.

Post subject: Re: Lightbox Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Are you talking about the portfolio slider on the single node? If you link me to one of your portfolio item pages I may be able to provide some custom CSS.

As far as the second request goes that is something we should probably add to the theme. A caption can be added by adding the title="" element to the <a href"> on line 12 of /templates/node/node--view--portfolio-block--block.tpl.php so what we will do is add an additional field to the portfolio content type for a lightbox description and call it there. You can do this now if you really need this functionality right away.

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 pm 

The site is www.angrypig.com. The specific area I am looking at (for centered images).

Click on Portfolio, select New Hampshire Colours and the slider comes up. The second image is of a roadway and that is left aligned as it does not fill the slider area. I would like it to be centered if at all possible. (the lightbox type image is centered)

I shall take a look at the css change you suggested to add titles but I am aiming to add quite a few images and so editing css becomes a little clunky.

I have one other question if I can ask it. There is an area on home / latest-blogs which shows "What Client's say" - I cannot locate this! I have reviewed the blocks and it appears to be in the "View:Latest Posts" block in the content section. I can see the other posts (my blog posts) but not this "What clients say" .....is this an article or some hard coded section.

Apologies if this is very basic but I am trying to get to grips with it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Alright I played around with the slider for a while and discovered that because the <li> elements wrapping the images are position absolute the objects contained within them cannot be centered. You should really use images that are the same height and width to give the page a consistent look and feel anyway.

The "what clients say" is in the "footer" of the view that generates that. Visit /admin/structure/views/view/latest_posts/edit and then click on that global: text area link and you can modify that.

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 am 

Thanks very much. The text in the lightbox was a more important question, centering was just being picky! Although you cannot always have photos all the same size - just does not work out like that.

I will look at the footer area. I appreciate the fast response!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 am 

Quote:
As far as the second request goes that is something we should probably add to the theme. A caption can be added by adding the title="" element to the <a href"> on line 12 of /templates/node/node--view--portfolio-block--block.tpl.php so what we will do is add an additional field to the portfolio content type for a lightbox description and call it there. You can do this now if you really need this functionality right away.

The actual file I had to edit was node--portfolio.tpl and I had to edit it in the main theme - not the sub theme (If I got that wrong please let me know) :?: This enables the same text on all photos - it does not allow for a descriptive text per photo which would be the ideal change / update to make. Also, generally with lightbox the text appears in the white border. The current text appears on the photo. :)

Thanks for the prompt support!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Site Admin

You should actually do both template files now that I think about it. The template I suggested before will give you the captions for the lightbox images on your main portfolio page http://www.angrypig.com/portfolio. As far as the caption positioning that is the way the lightbox plugin handles captions.

Also when you copy templates over to the sub-theme you need to clear the Drupal cache in order for the changes to take effect.