Refaktor Support Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Note: We are looking to implement a theme function in the next update to do the job of the jQuery Update module.

This seems to be a common question so I am going to cover all the possible issues related to sliders or other jQuery elements not working. As a side note we are currently working on our own in-theme solution to replacing the Drupal jQuery library with an updated one (while also leaving the default version for admin pages) to negate the need for this module all together. For now though the following steps need to be taken to ensure sliders and other jQuery elements work in the theme.

1. Download and install the dev version of the jQuery Update module. DO NOT download the stable version or update the dev version to the stable version when doing auto module updates. The dev version is far superior to the stable version and the module author really needs to update the stable version to this dev version.

2. Visit /admin/config/development/jquery_update and configure it like the picture below:

3. For the front page make sure you've either configured the Twitter section correctly (see this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=345 ) or disable it all together. A misconfigured Twitter section will cause a jQuery conflict on the front page.

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 pm 

How much time it takes to update the jquery??
It's almost half an hour passed its still updating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:11 am 

AnupritaSapte wrote:
How much time it takes to update the jquery??
It's almost half an hour passed its still updating.

It should be a matter of seconds.
There are no changes to the database, so /update.php does not need to be run.
Just copy the dev files into the jquery folder and go to configuration to check the settings.

If update hangs there could be another issue as well but when it hangs longer than 30 minutes, the connection to your server has long shut down anyway. Just quit the session and go to the admin pages. Then check status report if there are any issues with your setup.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:31 pm 

I am still having problems with the slider on the home page. I have updated JQuery and disabled Twitter as suggested. What else should I do?

Thanks
Deb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Can I get a link to your site?

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:27 pm 

deborah-schmidt.com