Refaktor Support Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm 

I'm having two problems with the carousel that I can't figure out. To the best of my knowledge I haven't modified anything beyond the demo installation except for having the carousel point to different content types.

1. Clicking the arrows causes the current four images on the carousel to disappear and then reappear with only one new image. The function on the demo is four the current four images to smoothly slide away and to be replaced by the next four images. How can this be fixed?

2. We've placed two carousels on the front page. When the arrows on the second carousel are clicked the page jumps up to the first carousel. Is it possible to have two carousels functioning on the same page? If so, then how?

We have soft launched our new website migrating from Wordpress to Drupal using the Blocks theme and are overall extremely happy with the results, save these two minor problems. We're scheduled for a full launch on 11 Sep and need to resolve these two problems before then. Thanks in advance for the help in fixing these two issues.

http://www.district-trivia.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Did you rename that Recent Projects view and duplicate any template files to correspond with the new view? By default the recent projects view utilizes a template called /templates/views/views-view-unformatted--recent-projects.tpl.php to remove some extra div wrappers around the items and that is not happening on your site. If you didn't rename anything make sure that template exists, if you did use your own View and duplicated the template files and changed the name make sure that one gets changed as well.

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:59 pm 

Excellent... I copied /views-view-unformatted--recent-projects.tpl.php to views-view-unformatted--what-is-new-tpl.php and it works like a charm now. Thanks for that tidbit.

Any suggestions for the second problem with having two carousels on a single page?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:27 am 
Site Admin

IF you duplicated the carousel and didn't change anything its going to the first because the markup for everything is exactly the same. You're going to need to modify a couple things in order to make that work correctly.

1. The class and ID names in the Views template.

2. Duplicate the original carousel CSS and rename appropriately.

3. Copy and paste the JS in the blocks.js file and also rename according to the new selectors you have used.

Were we able to help you? If so, please consider rating and/or leaving comment feedback on the ThemeForest item you purchased. Testimonials and ratings really help us out and we truly appreciate your feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 pm 

I believe I hit all three steps accurately, because everything looks and functions the same, except for the left/right chevrons. Whenever those are clicked the page still jumps to the top. Should something be modified in the href?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

I think those link classes also need to be unique in order for it to work correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 am 

I've made the link classes and IDs unique, but I believe it's the href="#" that makes it jump to the top of the page. I can't figure out what makes the first carousel scroll vice being treated as a normal anchor... www.district-trivia.com

What's New carousel
<div class="carousel_navigation">
<a id="prev" class="prev" href="#"><i class="icon-chevron-left"></i></a>
<a id="next" class="next" href="#"><i class="icon-chevron-right"></i></a>
</div>

Newest Venues carousel
<div class="newest_venues_carousel_navigation">
<a id="newest_venues_prev" class="newest_venues_prev" href="#"><i class="icon-chevron-left"></i></a>
<a id="newest_venues_next" class="newest_venues_next" href="#"><i class="icon-chevron-right"></i></a>
</div>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Can you post the JS snippet that you copied and modified as well?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 pm 

This is the entire contents of custom.js added to bricks.info...

jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {

$('#newest_venues').carouFredSel({
width: '100%',
responsive: true,
circular : false,
infinite : false,
auto: false,
newest_venues_next : {
button : "#newest_venues_next",
key : "right"
},
newest_venues_prev : {
button : "#newest_venues_prev",
key : "left"
},
swipe: {
onMouse: true,
onTouch: false
},
items: {

visible: {
min: 1,
max: 4
}
}
});

$('#newest_venues').after('<div style="clear:both;"></div>');

});

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, I see the issue. Your custom.js file should look like this:

Code:
jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {

$('#newest_venues').carouFredSel({
    width: '100%',
    responsive: true,
    circular : false,
    infinite : false,
    auto: false,
    next : {
      button : "#newest_venues_next",
      key   : "right"
    },
    prev : {
      button : "#newest_venues_prev",
      key   : "left"
    },
    swipe: {
      onMouse: true,
      onTouch: false
    },
    items: {

visible: {
        min: 1,
        max: 4
      }
    }
  });

$('#newest_venues').after('<div style="clear:both;"></div>');

});

next and prev are option names that are passed for the script and do not need to match the ID you gave it.